Museo della Contrada dell’Oca
A display of Palio banners in the Oratory of Santa Caterina (St Catherine)
The Museum of the Oca neighbourhood is in the office of the old grain-store that belonged to St Catherine’s father, which was transformed into an Oratory in the second half of the fifteenth century. In the Oratory are a beautiful wooden sculpture of St Catherine by N. de Bartolomeo (1474) and a very interesting fresco cycle showing episodes of the Saint’s life. The building’s rooms are of great historic and architectural interest and contain palii (the banners won in the Palio races), silverware, paintings, drawings and a variety of objects relating to neighbourhood life and to the Palio.