Teatro dei Rozzi
Completely restored and reopened to the public in 1998
The Rozzi Theatre was inaugurated in 1817, with a great dance party reserved for members of the homonymous Cultural Academy. The first opera performed was L’Agnese di Fitzenry by Ferdinando Paer and soon became one of the major Italian opera houses.
In 1873 a new reconstruction of the theatre was decided. In this new role the Rozzi Theatre remained open until 1945, when it was declared unusable because of the damage sustained during the second world war.
The Rozzi Theatre was reopened to the public, completely restored, the 29th of May 1998, following an agreement with the Municipality of Siena. It has 499 seats of the stalls, three tiers of dais and an open gallery and houses theatrical, musical activities and conferences.